Thursday, April 27, 2006

A Word on the Peace Takes Courage link

I just posted this link by a 15 year old peace activist by the name of Ava Lowery. (She has received much hate mail for her efforts.) I must warn the squeamish among you that the work is devastatingly graphic in nature and shows photos of the situation in Iraq that you don’t see in the news and even I prefer not to see, but sometimes the horror and cost (and I'm not talking money) of war has to be brought home in order to shock people into doing something, in the same way the more realistic and gruesome news coverage of the Viet Nam war in the 60’s helped fuel the protests. It makes me cry. Click if you dare.

P.S. If you want to just talk money, I just found out that to pay off the National Debt now, every man, woman and child in the US owes the Federal government $150,000.00.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home